UX Design (Government) - Digital Service Standard - Training Course
User research (Discovery)
- Engaging business stakeholders
- User research methods
- Customer experience maps
- Non-digital experience
- Empathy maps
- Personas & scenarios
- User task analysis
- Card sorting
Design & prototyping (Alpha)
- Collaborative design
- Chatbots & conversational interfaces
- Information architecture (IA) design
- Wireframes & prototypes
- Interaction & UX design principles
- Human cognition & online behaviour
- Mobile design principles
- Writing effective content for the web
Usability testing (Alpha)
- What, when & where to test
- Writing a test plan
- Recruiting test participants
- Moderating tests
- Communicating results
- Common tips & traps
- Testing tools & technologies e.g. Treejack
- Testing logistics
Implementing UX (Beta & Live)
- DTA’s Digital Service Standard
- DTA’s Service design and delivery process
- UX versus UI - what's the difference
- Implementing a user centred design approach in your agency
- Agile and user centred design process
- Measuring performance & feedback
- Evolution & continuous improvement
For more information see the detailed course outline
Courses are run in Canberra, Melbourne and Brisbane. Courses are run in other cities on demand. See venue details below.
The cost for this three day course is $1995 plus GST = $2194.50 Includes lunch, refreshments and all course materials including examples and templates that you can use in your own organisation.
- Earlybird discount - save 10%. Register 30 days prior to the course commencement date to qualify (limited tickets available), or
- 4th person free discount. Register 3 participants from the same organisation on the same course and the 4th person can attend for free.
Please refer to our terms and conditions for details.
When you register online and get to the payment section, you can:
- Select 'Pay securely online by credit card' (VISA or MasterCard), or
- Select 'Pay on invoice.' We will send you an invoice with 7 day payment terms. Payment will be required prior to the course but if requested, we may make exceptions for large organisations to allow for procurement policies.
Course Benefits & Audience
What you get
Each training participant will receive:
- Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch all three days
- Comprehensive printed training workbook
- Hands on training via interactive exercises with attendees from other organisations
- Electronic templates you can use in your own organisation e.g. test consent forms, test plan template
- Up to 1 hour of personal mentoring with Tania Lang, the trainer, to be conducted 1-3 months after training (via phone or in our offices)
Who the course is for
Designers, project leaders, managers, developers, or anyone interested in learning about UX and how they can implement UX tools and techniques into their workplace.
The course is targeted at those working in or for government, however the course outline is fundamentally the same as our 3 day UX Design course. The main differences are the case study we work through in the break out activities and the examples in the course materials which are more government focussed. We also spend more time talking about DTA standards.
Meet the Trainer
Tania Lang is founder and principal of PeakXD, a UX Brisbane based consultancy, which she founded in 2003. She is proud to be called a UX Geek, is passionate about user experience and has been known to conduct ethnographic studies of users reading poorly designed toilet direction signs at airports. Tania is also a highly regarded and experienced trainer having delivered UX training to over 1000 participants both in Australia and Asia. She has also presented at several conferences including UX Australia. Tania has personally designed all training courses and interactive exercises. She enjoys sharing UX stories from the trenches and seeing participants gain the skills and confidence to apply in their workplace.