3 Day Virtual UX Design Course
10-12 May 2021
Interactive, practical & remote activities and exercises
Check in to the remote classroom every morning at 9am via Zoom and experience live lectures and collaborative discussions throughout the day.
Live demonstrations of tools, interviews and methods & lots of hands-on activities in remote tools used in the UX industry.
- Craft a research plan, defining objectives, user groups and approach.
- Observe a live interview with a real user (and take notes)
- Affinity diagramming and synthesizing research findings using online collaboration tools.
- Participate in a website expert review
- Customer journey mapping in an online workshop setting.
- Card sorting and IA design using remote tools.
- Sketching and wireframing using pen, paper and online tools.
- Write a testplan with tasks for usability testing
- Test your prototype remotely with a user
Not only will you be guided by a team of UX professionals, who have worked on over 500 UX projects for clients like Flight Centre, the Australian Government, Suncorp and Griffith University. But you will also get hands-on experience while you work through the interactive remote activities that have been carefully designed to help you learn all the UX fundamentals (and how it's done in this current climate where 'remote' is the new normal).
Our course curriculum is aligned with the ISO standard for human-centred design, and cover the syllabus for the BCS Foundation Certificate in User Experience (UX01). In addition, learn UX design principles, tools, methodologies plus tips and tricks from what we have learnt working on over 500 UX projects.
- Introduction to user experience design
- User and customer research
- Collaborative design & IA
- User behaviour and design principles
- Usability testing
- Mobile & tablet UX
- Maintaining and evolving your site or application
- Implementing a UX approach in your organisation
Who is this course for?
This is a UX course for anyone who works online - UX or CX professionals, product managers, designers, project leaders, business analysts, developers, or anyone interested in learning about UX and how they can implement UX tools and techniques into their workplace.
Meet our coaches
TaniaTrainer and Principal
- 20 years' experience as a UX practitioner
- Highly regarded and accredited BCS trainer
- Delivered UX training to over 1,850 participants
- Founded PeakXD in 2003 - a leading Australian UX consultancy
- Shares stories and experience from over 420 UX projects
- Conference speaker and highly regarded industry leader
- 10 years experince in UX design & research
- Has conducted hundreds of hours of usability testing
- Completed a Bachelor of Multimedi majoring in design at Griffith University in 2005
- Before moving into UX was a front end web developer and designer in a Government agency
- Enjoys the whole end to end process of human centered design especially working in the solution space
Stop feeling like an impostor and become a certified UX practitioner, learn UX from an industry expert.
Become UX certified (optional)
We offer more than just vendor certification. PeakXD is a BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT) accredited training organisation approved to provide training for the Foundation Certificate in User Experience (UX01). After our training, you will then sit an independently assessed examination to obtain your BCS UX01 certification. BCS qualifications are delivered and recognised in more than 200 countries around the world so you really can go further when you're BCS certified!
Post-course student support
After the course, we look after you. Included with the UX course is a membership to our exclusive UX learning community where you can see new jobs for UX professionals, get support from peers, UX experts and networking opportunities.
BONUS: Digital Upgrade To Access All The Materials Online
After the 3 Day Event Get 10 online modules...
... and a total of 78 video lessons
With 30+ Digital Templates
Our course has limited seats and is selling fast! We will only allow a small number of participants in our course, so you get more personal attention.