12-Week UX Accelerator Program
Stop feeling like an impostor & become a certified UX practitioner
Next intake 3rd September 2019
Work on a real project for an industry client
We have teamed up with Surf Life Saving Foundation to offer you real world experience during the 12 week online UX program. They will be your client, and brief you with the project goals. We will work with you to achieve their vision. By the end of the program you will have an impressive UX portfolio piece showing the full end to end UX design process.
Our 10 online UX study modules are aligned with the ISO standard for human centred design, and cover the syllabus for the BCS Foundation Certificate in User Experience (UX01). In addition, learn UX design principles, tools, methodologies plus tips and tricks from what we have learnt working on over 400 UX projects.
- Introduction to user experience design
- User research: planning & conducting
- Documenting your research to build empathy
- Co-design workshops, stakeholder engagement & prototyping
- Information architecture & navigation
- Interaction design
- Visual design & information design
- Usability evaluation
- Usability testing: measuring usability
- Ready set go - launch your site, system & your career
Weekly team coaching & collaboration
Coaching and feedback
Every week you are invited to join a live coaching call with our team of experienced coaches and fellow students. Our coaches will provide feedback on previous module project activities to ensure you keep on track.
We will provide opportunities to collaborate with your coach and fellow students on an industry project which everyone will work on independently (no group work).
Need support? Need advice? Help with your project activity? Ask your question before or ask us during the live coaching call and we will endeavour to answer and share so everyone can learn.
Convenient & recorded
We will schedule the call midweek (5:30pm AEST between Tuesday and Thursday). If you can’t attend a coaching session, they will be recorded and uploaded to the portal so you can watch them in your own time.
Meet our mentors
TaniaTrainer and Principal
- 20 years' experience as a UX practitioner
- Highly regarded and accredited BCS trainer
- Delivered UX training to over 1,800 participants
- Founded PeakXD in 2003 - a leading Australian UX consultancy
- Shares stories and experience from over 400 UX projects
- Conference speaker and highly regarded industry leader
DavidConsulting Practice Manager
- 15 years’ experience as a UX practitioner and with Peak for 12.
- Has led our UX team on dozens of projects
- Hundreds of hours of usability testing experience
- Experienced UX interviewer and facilitator
- Dances on the inside
- 10 years experince in UX design & research
- Has conducted hundreds of hours of usability testing
- Completed a Bachelor of Multimedi majoring in design at Griffith University in 2005
- Before moving into UX was a front end web developer and designer in a Government agency
- Enjoys the whole end to end process of human centered design especially working in the solution space
SophieSenior UX Researcher
Sophie is a user researcher & UX designer with a background in the social sciences. She specialises in the discovery of user needs and motivations, which she sees as crucial to successful design. She facilitates customer centric approaches to design and believes in testing often, failing fast and getting everything from paper prototypes to finished products in front of customers.
Become job ready with a real portfolio, coaching from industry experts, and the skills needed to break into UX
Become UX certified
Grow your career with a UX portfolio
A career in UX might be closer than you think. After the 12 week program you will feature in our digital showcase of UX talent and be seen by industry managers, and specialist UX recruiters. Complete the program with a real portfolio, coaching from industry experts, and the skills needed to break into UX.
Post-course student support
When you complete the 12 week program we look after you. Included with the 12 week program is membership to our exclusive UX learning community where you can see new jobs for UX professionals, get support from peers, UX experts and networking opportunities. Get 12 months access to the learning portal to access all the materials, templates and video tutorials, and get optional further coaching post-course.