13-Week UX Accelerator Program
Online UX design course to accelerate your UX career for beginners and ux professionals
Start today - registrations open now!
Work on a real project for an industry client
We have teamed up with RSL Art Union to offer you real world experience for the UX Accelerator. Our client will be the RSL Art Union who provide much needed funds to returned veterans and their families in Australia. Returned veterans often find it difficult to reintegrate into mainstream society as a result of both physical injury and the harmful mental effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Through their Prize Home Lottery, the RSL Art Union delivers critical funding that supports returned veterans from recent conflict, as well as those on the long journey to recovery from past deployments, in the form counselling, financial aid, accommodation, rehabilitation and much more. Regardless of where you are located around the world, you will play a key role in working on a project to improve the digital experience in order to optimise fund raising efforts and ticket sales in order to support returned veterans and their families.
- Introduction to user experience design
- User research: planning & conducting
- Documenting your research to build empathy
- Co-design workshops, stakeholder engagement & prototyping
- Information architecture & navigation
- Interaction design
- Visual design & information design
- Usability evaluation
- Usability testing: measuring usability
- Ready set go - launch your site, system & your career
Weekly team coaching & collaboration
Coaching and feedback
Every week you are invited to join a live coaching call with our team of experienced coaches and fellow students. Our coaches will provide feedback on previous module project activities to ensure you keep on track.
We will provide opportunities to collaborate with your coach and fellow students on an industry project which everyone will work on independently (no group work).
Need support? Need advice? Help with your project activity? Ask your question before or ask us during the live coaching call and we will endeavour to answer and share so everyone can learn.
Convenient & recorded
If you can’t attend a coaching session, they will be recorded and uploaded to the portal so you can watch them in your own time.
Meet our coaches
TaniaTrainer and Principal
- 20 years' experience as a UX practitioner
- Highly regarded and accredited BCS trainer
- Delivered UX training to over 1,850 participants
- Founded PeakXD in 2003 - a leading Australian UX consultancy
- Shares stories and experience from over 420 UX projects
- Conference speaker and highly regarded industry leader
DavidConsulting Practice Manager
- 15 years’ experience as a UX practitioner and with Peak for 12.
- Has led our UX team on dozens of projects
- Hundreds of hours of usability testing experience
- Experienced UX interviewer and facilitator
- Dances on the inside
- 10 years experince in UX design & research
- Has conducted hundreds of hours of usability testing
- Completed a Bachelor of Multimedi majoring in design at Griffith University in 2005
- Before moving into UX was a front end web developer and designer in a Government agency
- Enjoys the whole end to end process of human centered design especially working in the solution space
SophieSenior UX Researcher
Sophie is a user researcher & UX designer with a background in the social sciences. She specialises in the discovery of user needs and motivations, which she sees as crucial to successful design. She facilitates customer centric approaches to design and believes in testing often, failing fast and getting everything from paper prototypes to finished products in front of customers.
Become job ready with a real portfolio, coaching from industry experts, and the skills needed to break into UX
Become UX certified
We offer more than just vendor certification. PeakXD is a BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT) accredited training organisation approved to provide training for the Foundation Certificate in User Experience (UX01). After our training you will then sit an independently assessed examination to obtain your BCS UX01 certification. BCS qualifications are delivered and recognised in more than 200 countries around the world so you really can go further when you’re BCS certified!
Grow your career with a UX portfolio
A career in UX might be closer than you think. After you complete module 10 & it's activities, you will feature in our digital showcase of UX talent and be seen by industry managers, and specialist UX recruiters. Complete the program with a real portfolio, coaching from industry experts, and the skills needed to break into UX.
Post-course student support
When you complete UX Accelerator we continue to look after you. Through membership to our exclusive UX learning community where you can see new jobs for UX professionals, get support from peers, UX experts and networking opportunities. Plus get 12 months access to the learning portal to access all the materials, templates and video tutorials, with optional further coaching available post-course.
Bonus tools and technology licences
- Plus, 3 months FREE Optimal Workshop subscription including Treejack, Chalkmark & Optimal Sort.
- 30 day FREE trial of Loop11 online usability testing tool.
- Custellence customer journey mapping tool (Free Forever plan) and 80% off the Professional plan (if you choose to upgrade).
- 6 months free access to InVision for students: Design better. Faster. Together. InVision is the digital product design platform powering the world's best user experiences.
- Access to one user from the database of professional recruitment agency Askable for students.
You also get 30+ UX Templates
Download digital copies of templates with video instructions on how to use them
- Business stakeholder interview guide
- Contact centre/customer facing staff interview question guide
- Customer/user interview questions guide
- Persona master template & examples
- Customer journey mapping template in PowerPoint and Visio
- User requirements Excel sheet
- Collaborative design workshop invite
- Workshop running sheet
- Instructions and PowerPoint slide pack
- IA design template in Excel
- Usability test checklist
- Test plan template
- Task card template
- Participant forms e.g. consent form
- Issues logger – for recording and collating
- Datalogger (for recording task completion rates and easily creating charts)
- Test report templates – PPT and Word
Total Value: Over $8,580 USD
Course Price: $3,497 USD or 4 x installments of $987 over 21 days